A million thanks to Vick Lea for nominating me for the Barnabas Award! Vick Lea has nominated me previously for another award but I didn’t post about it. That totally made me guilt-stricken, till now. So here’s a post in response to the gratitude I have for Vick.
Read more about Vick and her posts here.
You have been chosen for this award because of the encouragement and inspiration you bring to your readers.
How this works:
Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog.
Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them.
List five things about yourself.
Finally, ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because it is the number that signifies grace.
5 things about me:
- By the grace of God, I’ve survived a pretty serious motorcycle accident with only a broken pinky finger. I crashed into the car before me when he jammed his brake on a Malaysian highway at over 100kph. If not for God’s divine protection, I couldn’t have walked out of it alive.
- My parents dedicated me to the Lord at birth. And my heart never departed from God’s heart ever since… Despite throwing some occasional childish tantrum in the past, I’ve held on to God’s promises by the grace of God till now.
- It will be my birthday in a few days’ time…! And I’ll turn 27. 27 years of God’s faithfulness and love as He journeyed with me on this planet.
- Like many young men, I’ve had many broken relationships in the past. But God never left me. He’s picked me up and helped me along every step of the way.
- I have rededicated my life after my accident in February 2018 and am currently serving in full-time ministry.
Here are Vick’s five questions:
- What is your favorite thing to do in order to encourage others?
- Where (what physical place) do you go when you are discouraged?
I’ve quite a few places, actually. First, I’d hop on my motorcycle and head out to Malaysia (and beyond, prayerfully). God speaks with me on the road. It is the open roads that help me find that sense of peace and comfort. Second, I’d go to my rented prayer room. Other than the house that I live in with my family, I’ve rented a room elsewhere in Singapore where I can pray in silence and in comfort. Whenever I’m feeling down, I will retire to my prayer room to pray. Some times for an entire night.
- What are the best words of encouragement that you have ever been given?
I can do all things through Him who strengthens us!
The joy of the Lord is our strength!
Be strong and courageous!
- Why do you encourage others?
It is our duty! To edify others, to build up others, so that we will reach unity in faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, to become mature, and to attain the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
- What kind of activities do you enjoy that encourages you and others?
Sharing the scripture with others. There’s nothing more enjoyable than this.
Here are my five nominees:
Here are my five questions:
- Tell me of a time when an encouragement significantly impacted you and changed your life.
- Share about a time when the Holy Spirit comforts you and bring you back to your feet.
- When was the last time someone encouraged you?
- As a Christian, what is one thing you’ll do to encourage a non-believer who is currently facing a crisis in life?
- Finally, how do you see yourself being a better encourager in life?
To my nominees: Please do not feel obligated to participate. I nominated you because of the encouragement that you have been to me and I wanted to acknowledge that. Blessings!