The real power of the Christian faith comes when the Holy Spirit descends physically on each and every believer.
And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.” – Mark 16:17-18, ESV.
Christianity, unlike other religions, is a religion of great power. Its power is not limited to healing every disease and every affliction  as Jesus demonstrated to His disciples in the early stages of His ministry. The power of Christianity includes, unlocking mysteries of the scriptures , revealing hidden secrets of God’s kingdom , the ability to transform cosmological entities , and interacting with spirits in its own nature .
This power that was listed above is given to all who believes in God . But where are all these powers now? Why doesn’t believers have the power to do all these that Jesus promised? Because most of us are still trapped by the conservative nature of orthodoxy and are not open to the work of the Holy Spirit.
But being trapped does not mean we cannot acquire the power of the Spirit. In fact, being filled with the Spirit should be something all believers should experience immediately after we are baptized.
The first thing the apostles in Jerusalem did when they heard that Philip had baptized the people in Samaria was to send Peter and John to them so that they can receive the Holy Spirit . Notice that the baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus (Acts 8:16) does not equate to receiving the Holy Spirit (Acts 8:15,17). Hence, this second receiving of the Holy Spirit is a secondary “baptism”. This baptism of the Spirit can either be seen visually by others around them (Matthew 3:16, Acts 2:3, 8:18) or be experienced by the believer (ie: through the speaking of tongues or prophesying. ).
This baptism of the Holy Spirit  is the coming of the Holy Spirit descending physically onto a believer .
It is only when believers are filled with the Holy Spirit will believers be able to speak in tongues and prophesy , be filled with the Joy of the Lord , be filled with divine boldness , be renewed , be filled with love towards others , have good health , and to understand all Truths .
Do we want to be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit? To be filled by the Spirit, we must repent and return towards God wholeheartedly , express our earnest desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit , open our hearts to the Holy Spirit , have faith in God and His promises , and to praise God wholeheartedly .
Holy Spirit, I thank You for revealing the mysteries of the scriptures to us; all the hidden gems and empowerment that You have given us before time begin. Holy Spirit, today I learned about all these gifts that You have so graciously prepared for us. Prepare within us a clean heart so we may ready ourselves to embrace Your presence and to receive the spiritual gifts that You’ve prepared for us. Holy Spirit we welcome You. Fill us Lord as You have promised us through the scriptures. I pray this in Jesus’ most precious name. Amen.
 – And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people. So his fame spread throughout all Syria, and they brought him all the sick, those afflicted with various diseases and pains, those oppressed by demons, those having seizures, and paralytics, and he healed them. – Matthew 4:23-24, ESV.
 – And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. – 1 Corinthians 2:13, ESV.
 – But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”-
these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. – 1 Corinthians 2:9-10, ESV.
 – Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. – Mark 11:23, ESV.
 – He replied, “Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting. – Matthew 17:20-21, NIV.
 – “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.” – John 14:12, ESV.
 – Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit, for he had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit. – Acts 8:14-17, ESV.
 – And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance. – Acts 2:4, ESV.
And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying. – Acts 19:6, ESV.
While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles. For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God. – Acts 10:44-46, ESV.
 – for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” – Acts 1:5, ESV.
 – But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” – Acts 1:8, ESV.
And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. – Acts 2:3, ESV.
… for He (Holy Spirit) had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. – Acts 8:16, ESV.
 – And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. – Acts 13:52, ESV.
 – And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness. – Acts 4:31, ESV.
 – He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, – Titus 3:5, ESV.
 – and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. – Romans 5:5, ESV.
 – Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. – 3 John 1:2, ESV.
 – When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. – John 16:13, ESV.
 – If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you. – Proverbs 1:23, ESV.
 – I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his impudence he will rise and give him whatever he needs. – Luke 11:8, ESV.
 – I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. – Psalm 81:10, ESV.
 – “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. – Acts 2:17-18, Joel 2:28-29, ESV.
 – In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. – Luke 10:21, ESV.